Re: xpa 3.2 SQL Server connection failed using Application Role authentication

Avgerinos

Hi Heico

It would be useful if you re-post this message in the main magicu-l group also.
The chances for this issue to be read by someone who faced the same issue are better there.

The BugReports group is a good idea, but it still has only 36 members (maybe we need to advertise a bit more)
I believe if we keep double-posting we may also make this group followed by more people.

BTW, regarding the issue you reported: for test reasons, did you try with simple logical names and not with secret names?
I know it's not safe for production environment, but it may help you verify the issue: logical names are for sure evaluated in db-properties (I 've tried already in XPA 3.2)

Regards
Avgerinos

On 18/2/2017 10:03 πμ, Heico van Wieringen via Groups.Io wrote:
It seems that Magic xpa 3.2 doesn't translate the Secret Names that are used in the definition of the connection with SQL Server. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Set-up:
SQL Server 2014, using a Application Role for Magic access.
Logon information stored in Secret Names.
Entry in the Database Information field of the Magic
Database Properties:

SQL_APPLICATION_ROLE = %SQL_APPLICATION_ROLE%
SQL_APPLICATION_ROLE_PASSWORD=
%SQL_APPLICATION_ROLE_PASSWORD%

On access of a SQL table in the Magic Runtime the following error appears:
====
"<DB name>: Cannot set application role
'%SQL_APPLICATION_ROLE%' because it does not exists or the
password is incorrect."
====

All settings are verified and correct.
With Magic xpa 3.1a, and unchanged settings, there is no problem.
Because of this error, Magic xpa 3.2 is a No Go for us.

Regards,
Heico van Wieringen

Join BugReports@magicu-l.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.