Re: Copying projects under VC

Heidi Schuppenhauer <heidis13@...>

Another option might be to:

1. Export the first project
2. Create a new project
3. Register the new project.

???

I did not try it. Mostly though, when I start a new project, I do it by
exporting and importing, which seems more reliable.Except be sure to have
the color and font files in place first.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Steven Burrows <
steven.burrows@verosoftware.com> wrote:

**

1) Create a new empty project with the correct name

2) With a text editor edit Projprops.xml and copy in from the OLD system
everything between GUID val and ProjectName

3) Delete every other xml in the Source folder

3) Copy in all xml from the old XML Source folder except Projprops

Bingo

Using VSS, we do the deleting and copying using VSS itself, and do the
editing of Projprops with it checked out.

With TFS you might do it all without the Project being in TFS, and add
it when complete.