Re: Printing Form With Table

Florian Groothuis

My bad then, I understood he made a fixed table himself.

But if I read your explanation and problem it seems to me that it doesn’t have enough advantages to ignore this problem. ;)

Met vriendelijke groet - With kind regards,

Florian Groothuis
Analist/programmeur
+31 (0)6 21927914

meilink.eu

Meilink Beheer Borculo B.V. • Kamerlingh Onnesstraat 1
7271 AZ  Borculo • Nederland • +31 (0)545 253525
KvK 08009803 • Our general terms and conditions apply • Disclaimer

Van: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] Namens Mike Bannon
Verzonden: maandag 23 januari 2017 16:44
Aan: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [magicu-l] Printing Form With Table

Hi Florian

I don’t  know what you mean by ‘a prefabricated table’. What Steve’s talking about (and I’m responding on his behalf, ‘cos I know he’s really busy today!) is using a table control on a GUI output form. As such, this IS Magic creating the table for you, and it has a number of advantages over the ‘old’ way of outputting a single line form for each record.

The problem we have come across is that whilst this works fine outputting multiple lines from the task to which the form belongs, if you call a subtask, and it also outputs one or more records via the same form (the form uses Virtuals, so the subtask updates these then does a Form Output), when you next output the form back in the parent, form-owner task it starts a new page, i.e. a new instance of the form.

It seems that this is just the way Magic works, but it seems illogical to us, and does make this particular output process more difficult. We were just wondering if we had missed something, so setting or other feature which may modify this behaviour.

Regards

Mike Bannon

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] On Behalf Of Florian Groothuis
Sent: 23 January 2017 10:38
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] Printing Form With Table

I must see I can’t really support the way you setup this method, with a prefabricated table. Why not let Magic create that table for you?

Van: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] Namens steve.greenfield@...
Verzonden: maandag 23 januari 2017 11:12
Aan: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [magicu-l] Printing Form With Table

Hi Florian

No, all Output statements are set to Auto.

I've now constructed a simple test program doing the same process - printing form lines in a main task and then printing additional lines onto the same parent form/IO from a sub-task and I get the same result - a new page being started for the next main-task line after a call to the sub-task.

Best Regards

Steve Greenfield

DataFormation Limited UK

Met vriendelijke groet - With kind regards,

Florian Groothuis
Analist/programmeur
+31 (0)6 21927914

meilink.eu
Meilink Beheer Borculo B.V. • Kamerlingh Onnesstraat 1
7271 AZ  Borculo • Nederland • +31 (0)545 253525
KvK 08009803 • Our general terms and conditions apply • Disclaimer

Join main@magicu-l.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.