Re: Line() Function

Florian Groothuis

Just ban the devil.

Depends on the layout. Most invoices I know the total amounts are right beneath the last invoice line, so no spacing needed. The footer usualy contains references to the company or the client.

Otherwise you can also visibility expressions to hide or show data in the footer.

Gr

Florian

Van: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] Namens Arch
Verzonden: dinsdag 7 februari 2017 14:26
Aan: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [magicu-l] Line() Function

As usual, the devil is in the details. 

Consider a multiple page invoice where you need a "Continued" message at the bottom of all pages EXCEPT the last where you need a footer that contains totals. 

A Page Footer will take care of the "Continued" messages. The TS can use the Line() function space down to the bottom of the last page. What then prevents the Page Footer from printing before/after the "totals" footer?

Best regards,

Arch

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 2:24 AM, Florian Groothuis <f.groothuis@...> wrote:

Since graphic printing in Magic I hardly use the Line()-function anymore. Set your footer as a page footer and use the height from the footer to position your data.

Van: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] Namens Arch
Verzonden: maandag 6 februari 2017 22:53
Aan: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Onderwerp: [magicu-l] Line() Function

In programs that have a fixed position footer, like an invoice, I have always coded line counting to contend with placing a "Continued" footer and the invoice footer. The line() function handles the placement of a footer on a single page from correctly. Is there a simple manner to handle overflow and placing fixed-footers in multiple page forms using line()? 

Best regards,

Arch

Met vriendelijke groet - With kind regards,

Florian Groothuis
Analist/programmeur
+31 (0)6 21927914

meilink.eu
Meilink Beheer Borculo B.V. • Kamerlingh Onnesstraat 1
7271 AZ  Borculo • Nederland • +31 (0)545 253525
KvK 08009803 • Our general terms and conditions apply • Disclaimer

Join main@magicu-l.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.