Re: Automate LOCATE (Magic xpa 3.2)

Florian Groothuis

You can use the value from the combobox as FromLocate value on the desired field and trigger it with a ViewRefresh (1) at the VariableChange-event.

Van: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] Namens Lux OnVinyl
Verzonden: dinsdag 21 februari 2017 19:46
Aan: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Onderwerp: [magicu-l] Automate LOCATE (Magic xpa 3.2)

In a table with 2 columns (C1 and C2, both alpha) I would like to quickly locate the first record beginning with a letter. Therefore I placed a combo box at the two columns title filled with the letters A-Z. The user would now choose a letter in the combo box of C1 or C2, for example 'M' in the first column (C1), then the program should select key 1 (or key 2 if the user selected at the second combo box) and do a Locate 'M' and finally be positioned at the first record starting with the letter 'M'.

All I was able to do is, opening the 'Locate' Window, with a Variable Change form the Combo box, but I am unable to fill in the selected letter into this Locate Window. The letter lands instead into the actual field from the table.

Maybe there is another way to accomplish this?

Thanks

Robert

Analist/programmeur
+31 (0)6 21927914

meilink.eu

7271 AZ  Borculo • Nederland • +31 (0)545 253525