Van: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] Namens Tim Downie
Verzonden: dinsdag 23 mei 2017 11:32
Aan: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [magicu-l] APG on DirecSQL [XPA2.5]

The use is apg ...it makes all the correct virtual types to return the result in....the after you have done this go in and ad in :1 etc....this saves time chasing why it wont work.

Once you use sql task a bit, a lot of our sql tasks just have :1  in the sql pane  :1   is a large sql statement built in higher up tasks.

Example instead if a magic range to sum up a value on 5000 records....which means magic selects and reads 500 records adding them up as it goes.

In sql task :1   =   select sum(ordertotal) from orders where day = xx/xx/xx.

Sql does this for you- its instant and magic gets 1 value value back not 5000 record it then has to process