Re: User id on bottom line of Magic window.

Frederik Soete

Hi,

For what it's worth: I had proposed this example code without mentioning all caveats. I had forgotten about the status strip item that 'falls off' the status strip bar. In my case it is not the task mode indicator, but the insert/overwrite-mode indicator that drops off the status strip bar.

At the time I programmed this, I decided this ad hoc solution was good enough. In any case: when debugging, after adding the one item for the user name, there are six items where previously there were only five; the sixth item becomes invisible; but I haven't figured out how to force all six items to be visible at the same time.

Perhaps someone more advanced in Dot Net programming could prevent this 'falling off' of the sixth item?

Bye,

Frederik Soete