PO Box 1186, Rotorua, New Zealand
Ph Office: +64 7 350 1174 DDI: +64 7 282 2431 Fax: +64 7 350 1185

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies.  Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorised and may be illegal.

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 10:13 PM, Tim Downie <tim_downie@...> wrote:
I got this to work using the zbar librarys from Jordan for some reaason the .so files i have in 3.2a samples lib are a different size to the ones Jordan has
From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> on behalf of Joseph Knickerbocker <theknicker@...>
Sent: Tuesday, 13 June 2017 8:40:36 AM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] Android 7 / ZBar

If neither work for some reason (pic2shop worked great for me on android 7, but they have to have the pic2shop free apk installed on the device), you can try using the mobile vision api from Google Play services. To get it to work, you will have to follow the Magic sample of replacing a magic control with a native control, and replace the magic control with the view for the barcode scanner.

It is significantly more complicated to implement, but you do not need to rely on an external apk... and is probably more future proof.