Re: Forcing Pervasive Index

Steven Blank

Marc,

If you're suffering performance issues, I suggest you take a look at Pervasive's Query Plan Viewer utility. It's easy to enable, run your SQL query, and then view the resulting output. As is often the case, one needs to be somewhat of a savant to use some of PSQL's utilities. But, in this case, it's simple enough to use to at least compare two statements against one another.

Which brings me to my second point: As with everything in life, there's always more than one way to compose a SQL statement, to produce a specific result. PSQL makes a good effort at compliance with the various popular flavors of SQL. However, over the years, I have found that PSQL is not as tolerant as, say, Oracle, when it comes to less-than-optimally-formed statements. Very often you can solve performance problems by changing the syntax of a statement, for example, by changing the sequence in which tables are joined. The Query Plan Viewer at least makes it possible to compare two versions during testing, to help you get a feel for what PSQL's optimizer tolerates well and what it does not.

HTH.
Steve Blank

At 02:15 PM 7/6/2017, you wrote:
Hi,

In Pervasive SQL V11

We are looking to force an index in a query that is having performance issue with this command
"SELECT * "FROM TABLE" WITH(INDEX(hint_of_index));".

We're trying to list all the indexes of a table with
their "hint" and with the right hint complete the SQL command.

Does anyone know how to get a list of all the indexes with their "hint" of a table in "pervasive" ?

The name in XPA does not work...

Thank You very much!

Marc