Re: Get Entry name from the menu

Steven Burrows

Probably not the answer you want, but we make use of the Entry Name in our App.

In development:

Create a memory table and populate by reading the menu XML (not fancy XML reading, old fashioned Black Magic)

Save it as a blob

Ship the blob with the application

In runtime:

Load the blob into the memory table (Main program)

Locate in the table for the 4 levels we allow using the menu text e.g. RepStr (StrToken (Menu (),1,';'),'&',''), RepStr (StrToken (Menu (),2,';'),'&','') etc

Pick up the Entry Name from the locate

This is pretty old code, there may be something more direct nowadays

Steven Burrows