Re: RIA/Android Column update nightmare #ria #android

Andy Jerison

Hi Natasa,

Welcome to Magic and to the group. :)

You might want to copy this program, change the copy to an Online (i.e., desktop deployment) task using the memory database, and work with that to help you understand how the engine works. You'll be working in a simpler environment where you can easily monitor what happens both in Magic and in the database.

Your program could be failing to update the database for two reasons:
1) It doesn't leave the row, or
2) It leaves the row but the update is wrapped in a transaction which isn't committed.

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 3:21 PM, Natasa Panic <natasa.panic.970@...> wrote:
Hi all,

This is my first post in this group. I'm new to Magic XPA (3.2) and i'm trying to develop simple android app with only two screens:
1. Enter PIN code screen (where user enters 4 digit PIN code)
2. Main menu screen

All PIN codes are stored in "MobileUsers" table:
1. ID (Autoincrement)
2. PIN (Numeric 4)
3. Username (Unicode)
4. Logged (Logical, db default 'false')

When user opens the application and type in PIN code app will check if there is a user with that PIN code and IT SHOULD update the column "Logged" with TRUE and then open the main menu.

How to update this column right after the user is approved? Or when main menu is showed. The value stays "FALSE" until i close the app completely, and it driving me crazy. I tried so many things and i'm not sure that i understand the xpa for mobile development principles.

Thank you so much in advance,
Natasa Panic