Re: Calling xpa web service

Jackson, Adam

Maybe I’m causing the confusion by calling what I want to do a “web service”? What I want to do is call a xpa program using a URL embedded in a hyperlink. Not sure if that constitutes a web service or not?

I was hoping I could do something like http://myserver:6060/application=myWS&program=ClosePO&PO=123456&po_Line=1 Is this possible?

At present I am closing order lines down but I also want similar simple solution to run other simple update programs

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] On Behalf Of Andreas Sedlmeier
Sent: 25 October 2018 17:37
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] Calling xpa web service

Hi Adam,

In theory you can create a SOAP request from html, you'll however need some javascript and therfore it wont work in practice. Email clients either do not support script at all or have it disabled by default, for security reasons.

You can however send your clients an email with some details about the order and put a hyperlink there which has a (secure) confirmation code as a parameter. That Hyperlink would point to a Magic program running on your server which would then close the order.

Best regards,

Andreas

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient you should not read, copy, retransmit or disclose its contents. If you have received this email in error please delete it from your system immediately and notify us either by email or telephone. The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views held by McLaren Racing Limited.
McLaren Racing Limited | McLaren Technology Centre | Chertsey Road | Woking | Surrey | GU21 4YH | UK | Company Number: 01517478

Join main@magicu-l.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.