Database Encryption

Graham White

Hi all,

One of our clients (a bank) has requested (demanded actually) that our database is encrypted at rest.  I have searched the help on Unipaas and XPA and can’t really find an explanation of what I need to do.  Bill Bach from Goldsatar says  “Encrypting files requires the use of owner names, which often means modifying the underlying application” however I can’t find anything on this.  We currently use transactional method with Unipaas V1.9 however we are prepared to go to XPA if it is easier/better/more secure.

Your comments would be most appreciated.

Graham White | Software Developer | Graham.White@... |
EC Credit Control |
www.eccreditcontrol.com |
invertedheader

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential to EC Credit Control and subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately and destroy the message and any attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any use, distribution, amendment, copying or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance of this message or attachments is prohibited.