Re: Call REST webservice in XPA 3.3

Andreas Sedlmeier

Well fetching a JSON file/object via a http request is not yet exactly building a API with Magic on server side ... I would say. Continue your sample and write the server with Magic. Thats still easy but becomes close to impossible if you start with security, URL patterns and HTTP verbs, monitoring, ingress scaling, .... . A good API gateway gives you all that for free - without a single line of programming. Actually I had to install Kong yesterday as an alternative to Ambassador for a node.js based backend on a machine (VM) on client side and that was a matter of an hour (including PostgreSQL for persistency). Whats wrong with that ? ^^