Re: Repository structure in Magic Xpa / Unipaas #mgpivot #tools

Becky Mannie <bendebch@...>

Well merge control is fine for me on Git, but since i use it from Github, it ends up in conflicts.

Monday, 18 February 2019, 04:49AM +13:00 from Roberto Gauer gawarez@...:

Hi! 

We use tfs for version control on xpa, and apply on collection a rule to edp and xml extensions to not permit merge... works fine :)

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 11:22 PM Keith Canniff <kcanniff@...> wrote:

Becky,

You can change TFS so it only allows for one person to checkout an object at a time. I’ve had mine set that way going back to 2014.

Not sure what version you’re using, but this should give you the info on where to set the value.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/repos/tfvc/configure-check-out-settings?view=azure-devops

Keith

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> On Behalf Of Becky Mannie
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2019 7:48 PM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] Repository structure in Magic Xpa / Unipaas #tools #tools #mgpivot

TFS has the same problem.
checkout, checkin does tge same problem. Infact TFS which quite expensive, comes with the same problem as with Git for magic.

Sunday, 17 February 2019, 11:27AM +13:00 from Andreas Sedlmeier sedlmeier@...:

Hi Backy,

If you did by mistake overwrite your files then I suggest that you restore the previous version or undo some commits. Thats what a version control system is good for and Git, which is used on Githib is one of those.

With Magic Git is a problem because Git allows multiple checkouts. There's howver now a Xpa version which actually supports Git, I think.

Most Magic shops I think do work with Microsoft TFS

Best regards,

Andreas

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join main@magicu-l.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.