Re: Need Help on Magic XPA RIA #askmembers #howto #suggestion

Andreas Sedlmeier

Edited

Hi Brenda,

I know that it works and I do have basically the same mess on my Windows, only sometimes it doesn't. Then you have the additional options to rename the requester from mgrqispi.dll to mgrqispiUp.dll resp mgrqispiXpa.dll and also IIS isolation mode. In the past there was a setting, since some version of IIS you manage that with apoplication pools. uniPaaS and Xpa should go do different application pools and then you are (probably) fine too (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/manage/configuring-security/ensure-security-isolation-for-web-sites)

When you do DevOps you would rather avoid that mess I believe and put IIS + Requester + Broker in a (docker) container or a VM, where you can use Vagrant to get the same comfort.