Re: Reading and writing a security file [UP19 & XPA33]

Andreas Sedlmeier

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 12:15 PM, jay Bhagat wrote:
Thats what I thought it should be part of the Upgrade process
Only if the format changes (like from v8 to eDeveloper). Then there's a usrupdate.exe which converts from old to new security file format and that would keep all information, including passwords,

Why this tool is not part of all Studio / Dev installations . Dont know. My guess is that it is too easy to reverse engineer in order to be able to crack any Magic security file.

I would just stay away from them ^^