Re: Reading and writing a security file [UP19 & XPA33]

Andreas Sedlmeier

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 08:42 AM, Florian Groothuis wrote:
Normally I would use the old user file, but in the new release of our application a few new secret names were added.
Well you can useĀ http://kb.magicsoftware.com/articles/bl_Reference/UserAdd-xpa-3x
to add the users from userdump utility to your new security file(s).

They will get a new password and you'll need to tell them. You cannot create onetime passwords.

Since this is something which basically violates all good practices and compliance I would suggest to think about AD logins resp. LDAP where you no longer have th passwords in security file. Secure names there I would not consider very secure too. Better use a secure vault or something else