Re: Default VC server

Keith Canniff

Florian,

I’ve been using Azure DevOps since 2014 (then VisualStudio.com) and it has never given me an option of a server. As far as I know, it’s Microsoft’s VC and therefore they put your application wherever they want.  I have separate Azure servers for running the application, but it’s not directly connected to the VC.

Here’s my path for my company’s VC:

<VCProjPath val="https://integrateone.visualstudio.com/defaultcollection|KC-ASUS|6f76ac31-ab95-448b-a4ae-d74ecc251b0e"/>

It’s Microsoft’s website to access the source, and my computer’s name that was the original one that added the source to Azure DevOps.

I have other code from a different client that always starts with their environment name (designated by the company) followed by Microsoft’s designation. The first one uses VCS for management, the others use Git.

On-Prem versions of VCS worked differently, but we’re talking Azure DevOps. If there’s another way I’d be interested to hear it.

Keith