Re: Cannot Open RIA app via ClickOnce on some client's PC, Issue with Windows 10 1903 Windows Defender. #ria #xpa

Tim Downie

Ive been here 

You just need to go into windows where its seen as a threat , and say ignore this. There appears to be no way to be able to just say ignore this exe in a list. 
It needs to be seen a a threat first

In windows security center - look under Virus & Threat protection , then under Scan history , if you have detected threats they are here - find the ria.exe and go ignore.
(BTW : you have no idea how long it took to find the screen i mention above).

What i dont get , we have a lot of RIA users very few see it this problem , from what i can see i can have two machines with all windows updates and one has the issues and the other doesnt

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> on behalf of Darren <darren.jimenez@...>
Sent: Wednesday, 4 September 2019 2:28 AM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Subject: [magicu-l] Cannot Open RIA app via ClickOnce on some client's PC, Issue with Windows 10 1903 Windows Defender. #ria #xpa

Hello Everyone,

A number of users reported that they clicked Start and nothing was happening, so I tried to remote one of the users and checked task manager what is happening. I found out that the application opens for 1-2 seconds and closes again.

I had to confirm with MSE what was happening and I was informed that windows defender update flags the application as a trojan.

For now we are disabling windows defender real time protection for the affected users so that they can use our application and for them to be able to proceed with their work.
Before I came up with completely disabling the real time protection but still experienced the issue, I tried:

• adding the MgxpaRIA.exe to the process exclusions
  • %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Apps\ to folder exclusions

For now MSE is working on a permanent solution, but for the mean time, do you have any other ideas rather than disabling real-time protection?

Best Regards,

Darren

Join main@magicu-l.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.