From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> on behalf of Darren <darren.jimenez@...>
Sent: Wednesday, 4 September 2019 2:28 AM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Subject: [magicu-l] Cannot Open RIA app via ClickOnce on some client's PC, Issue with Windows 10 1903 Windows Defender. #ria #xpa

Hello Everyone,

A number of users reported that they clicked Start and nothing was happening, so I tried to remote one of the users and checked task manager what is happening. I found out that the application opens for 1-2 seconds and closes again.

I had to confirm with MSE what was happening and I was informed that windows defender update flags the application as a trojan.

For now we are disabling windows defender real time protection for the affected users so that they can use our application and for them to be able to proceed with their work.
Before I came up with completely disabling the real time protection but still experienced the issue, I tried:

  • adding the MgxpaRIA.exe to the process exclusions
  • %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Apps\ to folder exclusions

For now MSE is working on a permanent solution, but for the mean time, do you have any other ideas rather than disabling real-time protection?

Best Regards,

Darren