Re: Batch Task sometimes does not completely finish

buster reinke

I would be treading into new ground here Govert. For so many years I have been using Magic as a very simple database. Only now am I trying to bring it up a level and get rid of the small annoying things that I have been tolerating over the last 15 years. (And also learn a lot of interesting stuff along the way) I haven't even looked at how I would get it to send e-mails, but I would love to learn it.

Buster

On Friday, 6 September 2019, 3:46:48 am AEST, Govert Schipper <govertschipper@...> wrote:

Buster,

To be sure that your task ran completely, you could also add a extra check. If you know the number of cycles/records to process, you can check that number against Counter(0) in the Task Suffix and send yourself an e-mail if they are not the same.

Govert

Van: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> namens buster reinke via Groups.Io <buster_png@...>
Verzonden: donderdag 5 september 2019 02:40
Aan: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Onderwerp: Re: [magicu-l] Batch Task sometimes does not completely finish

THanks Govert, I had Allow Events=Yes, so I set it to No, I'll keep an eye on it now to see if it fixed it. Pity it is intermittent, so I don't know if it's fixed or not.

Buster

On Wednesday, 4 September 2019, 7:39:37 pm AEST, Govert Schipper <govertschipper@...> wrote:

Buster,

Make sure to set the task property Allow Event=No.
This prevents the task from exiting when the user (accidently) presses Esc or clicks somewhere in the form.

Govert