Re: Batch Task sometimes does not completely finish

buster reinke

I would be treading into new ground here Govert. For so many years I have been using Magic as a very simple database. Only now am I trying to bring it up a level and get rid of the small annoying things that I have been tolerating over the last 15 years. (And also learn a lot of interesting stuff along the way) I haven't even looked at how I would get it to send e-mails, but I would love to learn it.

Buster

On Friday, 6 September 2019, 3:46:48 am AEST, Govert Schipper <govertschipper@...> wrote:

Buster,

To be sure that your task ran completely, you could also add a extra check. If you know the number of cycles/records to process, you can check that number against Counter(0) in the Task Suffix and send yourself an e-mail if they are not the same.

Govert

Van: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> namens buster reinke via Groups.Io <buster_png@...>
Verzonden: donderdag 5 september 2019 02:40
Aan: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Onderwerp: Re: [magicu-l] Batch Task sometimes does not completely finish

THanks Govert, I had Allow Events=Yes, so I set it to No, I'll keep an eye on it now to see if it fixed it. Pity it is intermittent, so I don't know if it's fixed or not.

Buster

On Wednesday, 4 September 2019, 7:39:37 pm AEST, Govert Schipper <govertschipper@...> wrote:

Buster,

Make sure to set the task property Allow Event=No. 
This prevents the task from exiting when the user (accidently) presses Esc or clicks somewhere in the form.

Govert

Van: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> namens buster reinke via Groups.Io <buster_png@...>
Verzonden: woensdag 4 september 2019 10:47
Aan: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Onderwerp: [magicu-l] Batch Task sometimes does not completely finish

Hello all, I have noticed that sometimes one of my Batch Programs does not fully complete it's cycle. It is supposed to update all remaining times to inspection for installed components, but sometimes, it just starts then finishes before completing the cycle. I generally know when this happens because it usually takes about 5 seconds to do it correctly but sometimes it bombs out after about a second. If I then run it again, it will mostly work the 2nd time. Does anyone know what might be causing this to happen? It is not a complex task, I have much more complex batch tasks, and they all seem to work every time.

Buster.

Virusvrij. www.avast.com

Join main@magicu-l.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.