Re: Magic XPA 3.3 RIA problem #ria #xpa

Todd Baremore

Viktor,

My Android RIA app is almost entirely offline programs so I have not encountered exactly what you are experiencing.   I'm wondering if the "Do you wish to retry connecting?" message is coming from the Android OS.

You may want to try loading records locally in a batch task before allowing the user to work with the data.  When the user saves the data or closes the window, you can save the changes to the working tables in the server.  Before reading or writing data to the server, check that you have a server connection.  To test server access, I have a batch program (end task after updating record)  that tries to open a table on the server.

MSE recommends that the Start Program be Offline.

Todd
On 9/24/2019 5:30 AM, lehoczki.viktor via Groups.Io wrote:

Dear Todd Barmore,

Thanks for your comment!
Yes, I've tried.
I've made several more tests.
[MAGIC_RIA]
HttpRequestTimeout=70
Works more or less. Sometimes when wifi signal lost I got Server Unavailable in 2 seconds. Sometimes it works as expected so the program hangs the cursor shape changes and when I have wifi signal again the program continues. Sometimes the program hangs, cursor shape changes but after 7 seconds no  "Do you wish to retry connecting?" message appear.
So, I don't know to force the application to behave always the same way. When signal lost wait for 7 seconds then when signal is back continue if signal is lost drop an error message "Do you wish to retry connecting?". So only the error message appearance should be delayed for a while to give a chance to the user go back near the wifi.