Re: Increasing delay of task-execution times

Avgerinos

Thank you Frederik

I will try. Do you think transaction settings may affect execution of tasks that are not accessing any database tables?

Regards
Avgerinos

On 28/10/2019 7:37 μ.μ., Frederik Soete wrote:
Hi, Avgerinos,

I have seen something like what you describe. In my case I was importing text files into memory tables, and the process of running my program seemed to take more and more time, although the text files in essence did not grow at the time.

In my case it turned out I had forgotten to adjust the transaction settings in some newly and hastily created tasks (e.g. the default 'Within Transaction) to something more reasonable. After some adjustments the tasks took a 'normal/expected' time again.

So, my idea is for you to check your tasks' transaction settings. Those can matter for performance.

HTH,

Frederik Soete

Op ma 28 okt. 2019 17:49 schreef Avgerinos <mento@...>:
Yes, I thought of this already: tried boosting magic's priority but it does not affect execution time at all

On 28/10/2019 6:31 μ.μ., Jeroen Bos via Groups.Io wrote:

Just a thought, can it be that the program gets a lower execution priority or maybe that the program memory is replaced to the virtual memory?

Met vriendelijke groet / Yours sincerely

Jeroen Bos | Technisch Consultant (Technical Consultant)