Re: Increasing delay of task-execution times (MYSTERY SOLVED)


Avgerinos
 

Hi Andreas
Finally, I have built the binaries for v.06, installed and started the latest ActiveMQ broker and YES!!! it's working like a charm :-)
I love this incoming-msg event in Magic (there is no such functionality in MSMQ)
Avgerinos

On 31/10/2019 1:00 μ.μ., Avgerinos wrote:

Thank you Andreas

I 'm afraid I will need your help to get it running ;-)
So far I tried the previous XPADemo version (v.0.4) which comes together with the external binaries.
Today I tried to switch to v.06, but I 'm afraid that this release is missing the binaries ( https://github.com/asedl/XpaDemo/releases/tag/v0.6 )
If I use old binaries, I face some errors, because there are some new functions in v.06 which are missing from the old DLLs.

I can try to compile myself, but if by any chance you have them ready and you can upload, it would save some time and trouble

Thanks in advance
Avgerinos


On 30/10/2019 10:31 μ.μ., Andreas Sedlmeier wrote:
The gradual decrease in performance is most likely caused by the memory leak and you would see this in performance monitor when you check swap file access and that stuff (actually you see it even in task monitor process details by adding "page faults" to the displayed columns, ..). 

Anyway. Glad to hear your problem is solved and dont hestitate to contact me privately if you cannot get that ActiveMQ sample working, or open an issue on the board there. It's not much more than a sample.

From a Magic programmer perspective you might be better off by using a different protocol in order to access your message queues, STOMP f.i.
http://stomp.github.io/

ActiveMQ (and many other messaging software) supports that

Best regards,

Andreas


Join main@magicu-l.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.