Re: Magic XPA 3.3 RIA deployment problem #ria #xpa

Andreas Sedlmeier

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 08:32 AM, <lehoczki.viktor@...> wrote:
Thank you for your infos!
So, I have to do interface building as many times I need icon on my phone.
Yes, I want to do this because there're different applications for a company which runs on different servers.There's no possibility to use one magic broker. This is the same situation with testing and production environment.
Thank you very much!
If you have two different apps you have to run the Interface builder for each of this. Its different apps.

If you have ONE app which you want to deploy to multiple sites/environments you have to run the interface builder multiple times, and change settings there.

This is however error-prone, a lot of work and a never ending story

When you want to deploy an app to multiple environments (like you have to) you are much better off with a build pipline.

The Magic mousclick-based Interface building technology you can not change but once you did and the sources are generated you can run the build from script and exchange the configuration file to one which is needed for the environment you want to deploy to, This can be automated.

I would install me a gitlab to get git and gitlab-ci and deploy to Kubernetes which is nicely integrated there.
In Kubernetes you can separate your environments by namespaces and you can have as much as you want

Magic & Kubernetes is however a different issue ^^ https://www.nomadproject.io/ might fit better for Legacy applications.
I see if I can add what I described to XpaDemo . Its about deployment anyways.