Off topic: Oracle 11g cold backup

Todd Baremore

I have a new customer whose current solution is using Oracle 11g.  I was provide with a cold backup (2.36 GB total) of their data and NOTHING else.

I installed Oracle Express 11g on my laptop as well as Oracle SQL Developer 3.2.20.  I can connect to the XE instance and browse the tables provide by the installation.

My question:  Can I restore the cold backup I was given to the XE instance.  I created a new user and granted it every privilege I could find.   I am clueless about Oracle.  Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.