Re: Can a control refer to the var-index of its assigned-variable?

Avgerinos

That's what I was looking for :-) Thanks Steven!
Avgerinos

On 12/12/2019 11:21 π.μ., Steven Burrows wrote:
You can get the Control Name.

Have a virtual to hold a string value, have this as the tooltip for all controls
Internal Event of Mouse Over update the virtual with HandledCtrl()

Not sure if you could use that get the actual field name or not, probably not.
This is another example of "oh ! I can use THIS()... oh, not it isn’t applicable".

Steven Burrows

-----Original Message-----
From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> On Behalf Of Avgerinos via Groups.Io
Sent: 12 December 2019 06:06
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: [magicu-l] Can a control refer to the var-index of its assigned-variable?

This email is not from Hexagon’s Office 365 instance. Please be careful while clicking links, opening attachments, or replying to this email.

Hi magicians

For debugging reasons, I need to display a tooltip with the field-name (or the connected ctrl-name) for all edit-controls in a form.
I wonder if there is an easy way to set the tooltip - hopefully using a single expression for all fields.
So far I cannot find a way to get the assigned VarIndex from within a control's properties
(XPA3 or above)

Thanks in advance
Avgerinos