Xpa mobile development (Screen closes when opening the app on a handheld device - Honeywell CN80)

Lei Salcedo

Edited

Hello,

I'm a newbie in mobile dev. We've got an existing mobile app that I need to install on a new device with an android version 8.1 (API 27) for a new requesting company. Our current one in the production which seems to be no problem and working perfectly is on android version 23.
So what I did after some readings, I installed the platform 27 and build tool 27 on my dev environment and created a new apk file then installed it on the device. APK build is successful as well as the app installation.
But upon opening the app on the device, it opens the initial screen (with our logo on it) and then it closes immediately with an error message - "application has stopped".
I have little experience on this so I don't know how to move on from here.

BTW, The handheld device is quite good in terms of specifications. See below:
SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE
Processor: 2.2 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 660 octa-core
Operating System: Android 8, upgradable through Android R
Memory: 3 GB/4 GB RAM, 32 GB Flash
Camera: 13.0-megapixel color camera with autofocus and advanced software features for better image quality
Display: 106.7 mm (4.2 in) FWVGA (854 x 480) bright color LCD with backlight, outdoor viewable, optically bonded to touch panel

Help anyone