Re: Printing multiiple lines on a standardized form

sherman levine

Ariel,
Thank you. That might work for a preprinted form, but I need to generate the full-page form in Magic, and it includes a column of fixed text to the right of the table area.  If I don't use a table (as Keith suggested) then I only get one record per printed page, regardless of the Records per Page entry.
Sherm

On 3/22/2020 9:26 AM, Mr Magic via Groups.Io wrote:
Do you looking for this maybe -

CTRL+C
Behavior

Records Per Page
The Records Per Page property is used to produce reports on pre-printed forms, where the header and footer are in a fixed position and a fixed number of lines exist on each page. In this case, a fixed number of records should be output to each page, with the last page padded with empty lines.

hope this help

Ariel Kotler - Magic Line
www.magicline.co.il

On Sunday, March 22, 2020, 3:18:47 PM GMT+2, sherman levine <sherman.levine@...> wrote:

Keith

Fix size table=Yes works perfectly, but ends up with a blank are where I need to put the section for totals (which need to follow the details, and only on the last page).

Fix size table=No is funky - and I suspect the problem relates to the text controls which are alongside the table.
If I print with an 8" vertical form, the form actually expands vertically beyond 8" (with a blank area at the bottom).  Magic has always had a problem dealing with vertically expanding controls (in this case the table) next to other controls, and this is probably just another example.

Probably simplest for me to limit myself to fixed-width text and go the RTF route

Thanks for your help.

Sherm

On 3/22/2020 8:45 AM, Keith Canniff wrote:

Sherm,

Try the following. From the Data Repository do a Ctrl+G on your table, tell it to generate a “Print” output. Not sure if 9.4 did this but XPA will generate an output with a table control in a form, but I’m sure you have a copy of XPA around you could do this with just to verify

I would then:

  • expand the form (Change to inches from Dialog Units, and make it 8.5 x 11… or the Dialog Unit equivalent)
  • expand the table size to the 9 rows you want
  • change the table control properties to “Fix size table = Yes”
  • Move the table on the form approximately where you want it before entering all the other fields around it
  • Change the output to Preview so you can see it on the screen
  • Run it

You should get the desired output… at least you do in XPA.

Note: There should only be one form and it should be a “Detail” area and Expand Form = No

Keith