Unable to Lock UP1.9 Control File

Jim Stephenson

I have a client who is moving over to a new Windows 2019 Server.

We have been able to get all of the locking, DEP, and other windows issues out of the way for their Runtime to work just fine.

But now, when they try to go to the development program they keep getting an "Unable to lock file m:\data\gem\GMUPD.mcf" error. When we press ESC on the error another pops in saying they are unable to open the control file in Write mode.

The path is correct and all of the files and folders have read/write permissions.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Jim