Re: uniPaaS v1.9p – Broker Can't Find Its Engines

Rob Westland

Hi Steven,

- The engine is on the same server as the broker? So no firewall issues?

- ActivateRequestsServer = Y?

Rob

Op 5-5-2020 om 17:52 schreef Steven Blank:

Friends,
Setting up a new partitioning server (MGPART1). The broker is being loaded as a service, logging in as a domain user account with full domain administrator privileges. The broker loads OK and spawns a runtime engine, also OK. Clients' Call Remote requests are received and acknowledged by the broker as successful. I can see the requests in the broker monitor where they're statuses are listed as "PENDING".
While the engine (uniRTE.exe *32) appears in Windows Task Manager, an engine does NOT appear in the broker monitor's Enterprise Servers dialog, and PENDING requests never get handled. No errors appear in the MGRB log, nor in the MGREQ log, nor in the general error log. The broker simply cannot find the engine that it spawned.
When another request arrives, the broker spawns another engine but that's as far as it goes, and when the broker is shutdown, it doesn't terminate any of the engines that it spawned, it just leaves them running.
I'm missing something but I can't see the forest for the trees and I've got people standing around with their thumbs in their... HELP!!