Re: Using MS Excel for Dash Board integrating with uniPaaS 1.9

Lado Wali

Wes,

My intention is to create the pre-design excel template with Sheet1 either Pivot or Graph based on the data on Sheet2 and if somehow we can throw the data on Sheet2 in the required cells through uniPaaS and open the Excel template from the uniPaaS program.

Anyway thanks for your time.
Lado

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 2:10 PM Wes Hein <wes@...> wrote:
Lado,

1. Use DataViewToText() to get it to a csv, then use OfficeCom to open the csv and save it as a xls if excel is installed and you are ok with xls, mostly easy.
2. Still use DataViewToText() to get it to a csv then read through the file and write each line to xlsx using a dll you will need to write using openxml and closedxml, not so easy but works without excel installed.
3. Write a dll using using openxml and closedxml that allows you to write to a dntable then convert the table to excel, also not so easy but gets you a xlsx and does not require excel to be installed.

We do have a dll for option 2 but it is somewhat out of date and not really sharable as contains other features for our company as well.

Once you use XPA this becomes much easier.