Re: Print Data UserFunctionality

Steven Burrows

FYI – Managed to expose their “Export to Excel” event via the ECI and can raise that instead of Print Data, then the Task Option has no effect.

For someone coming from XPA2.5, there is some good stuff in UserFunctionality worth making use of.

Hijacking their Graph methodology is next on my list. We currently have some in GoogleCharts and some ancient ones using some 3rd Party, neither are perfect, a MS Solution sounds calming.

Steven Burrows

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Burrows via groups.io
Sent: 21 May 2020 14:34
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] Print Data UserFunctionality

Now I know what the issue is, I might try the more professional approach of exposing the individual User Events or Programs in UserFunctionality rather than relying on the Print Data event which has a strange status of being an Internal Event that doesn’t actually do anything except be controlled by that Task Property.

Steven Burrows

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keith Canniff via groups.io
Sent: 21 May 2020 14:05
To:
main@magicu-l.groups.io

I figured you’d probably do a mass update of the xml files 😊

Haven’t ventured into the 4.x arena yet with all the horror stories I’m hearing. I did when it first came out and that was enough….

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Burrows
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2020 9:01 AM
To:
main@magicu-l.groups.io

Super, that’s (probably) not a problem.

I have been forced back into the dark arts of Black Magic (Sourcery) recently, so a quick run through to globally change that property in all the XMLs doesn’t scare me.

XPA 4.6 crashes so much, you would hardly notice if I got one wrong 😉

Steven Burrows

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keith Canniff via groups.io
Sent: 21 May 2020 13:39
To:
main@magicu-l.groups.io

This email is not from Hexagon’s Office 365 instance. Please be careful while clicking links, opening attachments, or replying to this email.

Steve,

Unfortunately you have to allow Print Data in the task (Task Properties, Options tab). Otherwise it’s unavailable.

Keith

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Burrows
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:24 AM
To:
main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: [magicu-l] Print Data UserFunctionality

After seeing the rather cool things the Print Data event in UserFunctionality can now do in XPA4.6, thought I would implement it as a generic option.

If I raise the Internal Event “Print Data” from a button, it triggers OK, but cant add it to every program.

If I put Internal Event “Print Data” on the Context Menu, it is always disabled.

If I raise Internal Event “Print Data” from a User Event in Main Program, my User Event is triggered, but User Functionality event is not performed .

I must be missing a Hook somewhere. What to do to get a general solution ?

Steven Burrows

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join main@magicu-l.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.