Re: Locked out of studio with msg I've never seen before

Santana John

Hi, Steve,

Thanks for your help. The mglock.dat files I had already cleaned up. I had not thought of the .lock files. I found one that looked like it might be suspect, and removed it, but got the same error. Tried several things, and then, whistling in the dark, I tried opening uniPaaS in administrator mode, and, presto, that worked. I then tried opening it again not using admin, and that works also.

So maybe a file that I removed fixed it and there was a delay before the task read the change, or as usual, I got lucky.

Back to work, now. And I again thank you for your help.

John

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 2:49 PM Steven Blank <sgblank@...> wrote:

John,

Try this: With the studio closed, search your local hard drive for any abandoned mglock.dat files, and delete any found.

HTH.

Steve Blank

On 5/25/2020 1:06 PM, Santana John wrote:
Hi, I sure hope someone knows what I need to do here.

Using good ol' uniPaaS 1.9p, Windows 10, as I have for years with no problems. Suddenly today I get this dialog:

Screenshot.jpg

I've restarted Mr. Computer and checked everything I know to check, but I still get this message. I'm hoping there's something easy to fix here. I expect a complete uninstall and reinstall might fix it, but it just might not.

I should mention that there are no other running computers my network.

It looks like it might be an entry in some MSE file I don't know about, or maybe a registry value went haywire. If you know what this is about, I sure would appreciate your taking the time to respond. I've use Magic since it first came out in the 80s, and seen many a strange message, but this is yet another first. Just when you think you've seen it all....

Thanks,
John