Re: Locked out of studio with msg I've never seen before

Steven Blank

John,

Glad you got it sorted.

As you noted, the uniPaaS v1.9 Studio must be run in administrator mode in modern operating systems, if it was installed in the default location (%ProgramFiles(x86)%).

Steve Blank

On 5/25/2020 5:05 PM, Santana John wrote:
Hi, Steve,

Thanks for your help. The mglock.dat files I had already cleaned up. I had not thought of the .lock files. I found one that looked like it might be suspect, and removed it, but got the same error. Tried several things, and then, whistling in the dark, I tried opening uniPaaS in administrator mode, and, presto, that worked. I then tried opening it again not using admin, and that works also.

So maybe a file that I removed fixed it and there was a delay before the task read the change, or as usual, I got lucky.

Back to work, now. And I again thank you for your help.

John

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 2:49 PM Steven Blank <sgblank@...> wrote:

John,

Try this: With the studio closed, search your local hard drive for any abandoned mglock.dat files, and delete any found.

HTH.

Steve Blank

On 5/25/2020 1:06 PM, Santana John wrote:
Hi, I sure hope someone knows what I need to do here.

Using good ol' uniPaaS 1.9p, Windows 10, as I have for years with no problems. Suddenly today I get this dialog:

Screenshot.jpg

I've restarted Mr. Computer and checked everything I know to check, but I still get this message. I'm hoping there's something easy to fix here. I expect a complete uninstall and reinstall might fix it, but it just might not.

I should mention that there are no other running computers my network.

It looks like it might be an entry in some MSE file I don't know about, or maybe a registry value went haywire. If you know what this is about, I sure would appreciate your taking the time to respond. I've use Magic since it first came out in the 80s, and seen many a strange message, but this is yet another first. Just when you think you've seen it all....

Thanks,
John