Insert contents of variable into edit field while entering data. XPA 3.3

Graham White

Hi,

I want to implement functionality similar to the Windows Paste (Ctrl-V) within a edit field in an XPA Program.  I want the user to be in an edit field entering data and then be able to press a key (e.g. F6) that would then trigger an event to paste the contents of a variable into the field where the cursor is and then allow them to continue entering more data In the field.  I know I could put the contents of the field in the clip board where Ctrl-V would paste it but that wouldn’t work if they overwrote the clipboard.

Has anyone achieved this within XPA?

Regards

Graham White
Software Developer
Graham.White@...
EC Credit Control |  eccreditcontrol.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential to EC Credit Control and subject to legal privilege (which is not waived or

lost by mistaken delivery). If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately and destroy the message and any attachments.

If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any use, distribution, amendment, copying or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance of

this message or attachments is prohibited. EC Credit Control collects personal information to provide and market our services (see our privacy policy at:

www.eccreditcontrol.co.nz – www.eccreditcontrol.com - www.eccreditcontrol.com.au for more information about use, disclosure and access).

EC Credit Control’s liability in connection with transmitting, unauthorised access to, or viruses in this message and its attachments is limited to resupply of

any affected message or attachments.