Re: Travel-agent demo from magicweb.io

Tom Worthen

Rob,

IIS was installed on this server long before xpa 4.7. Actually this server was running xpa 3.2 until we installed 4.7.

You did put me on the correct path I think. I had not tried opening a jpg that is in that folder to see if it could find it. I found part of the issue in doing that exercise. That got me past the complaint about not being able to find the dll.

Now I just have a message saying the site can’t be reached. L

We do have our own in-house created security on the server which I logged into our site first and then tried hitting :4200 and got this new message. If I replace the :4200 with the path do one of the jpg’s in the folder it opens. If I set it to the dll it just sits there with a plain white page. I presume that means it works.

Any idea why it won’t run the program?

Thanks,

Tom

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rob Westland
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2021 4:46 PM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] Travel-agent demo from magicweb.io

Have you installded IIS before you installed XPA 4.7?

When Magic can find the IIS-server it automatically installs the rights paths in IIS.

what error do you get with:  http(s)://localhost/MagicScripts/MGrqisp.dll

a) it can't find the dll at all -> path setting in IIS is not correct

b) it can be found, but it wants to be downloaded -> the dll is not set as executable

c) it works

Rob

Op 8-2-2021 om 22:23 schreef Tom Worthen:

I am attempting to get this running but apparently I have a setting that is not correct. L

I have xpa 4.7 installed. I downloaded the application and have it running in background. I downloaded node.js and installed the Angular CLI. I have updated the server-config.json file but I think I don’t have the line correct for the requestor because it can’t find it. I have tried about 3 different ways of referencing it and none of them have worked. Can someone point me to what that setting should be?

I have tried setting it similar to what I would for a web page and it doesn’t find the dll. I have set it to the file somewhat directly and still it can’t find the dll.

So, my question is what should this line look like: “requestor”:”MagicScripts/MGrqispi.dll”,

I am sure that MGrqispi.dll is correct and probably what is before the colon is correct. So, what should I have in place of MagicScripts? My xpa installation is at c:\MSE\xpa47 with the scrips folder being in that folder and of course the dll is in the scripts folder. My entry in IIS for this is xpaScripts. The physical path for that is C:\MSE\xpa47\Scripts.

Hopefully someone can understand what I have put here and help me out. J

Thanks,

Tom

Join main@magicu-l.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.