Re: Access to extract users with their rights and groups

Danica Majernikova

Hi,
I did do it for eDeveloper 9.4 like that:

1.      Copy usr_std.eng  to another folder.

Convert the file using usrupd.exe  in Command Prompt as following:

usrupd.exe <input file=copied usr_std.eng> <output file=converted file>

Converted file must be renamed to the usr_std.eng after conversion.

Usrupd.exe is sitting in the MagicXPA main folder.

2.      Export  the converted file usr_std.eng to an xml file using utility

MgUsrDmp.exe sitting in the MagicXPA main folder. Syntax for Command Prompt:

Syntax:

MgUsrDmp.exe [</P=Supervisor Password>] </N=Users File Name> </O=Output File Name>

Parameters:

<Supervisor Password> – A string including the supervisor user password. This parameter can be skipped if no password is given for the supervisor.

<Users File Name> – The users' file path name

<Output File Name> – The XML output file path name

Example:

MGUSRDMP /P=pwd /N=usr_std.eng /O=users.xml

Then import the xml file to Excel CSV

I have also installed MagicXPA 3.3