Re: Running XPA 4 on Remote Desktop

Steven Burrows

You might want to play with SDI/MDI etc to get the desired effect which you didn’t have in v9, but it should generally work the same.

Steven Burrows

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Stephenson via groups.io
Sent: 05 May 2021 18:18
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: [magicu-l] Running XPA 4 on Remote Desktop

I will be updating an XPA 4 app for a client to allow them to access a program in the app through remote desktop running on a Windows CE handheld scanner.

I currently have this same configuration running on an Old Magic 9.4 app and it works fine. Small screen, but we only need a few input fields and scan a barcode.

I assume it will operate basically the same way.

Has anyone done anything like this with XPA? If so, did you run into any gotchas?

Thanks,
Jim