Re: Looking for advice to replace an ActiveX

Todd Baremore

Marc,

Steve Blank demoed an "IP listener" solution at a Brown Bag a couple of years ago.  You can specify TCP or UDP and the port #.  I customized it for my use and it works well.  I demo it for you and send you an export of the program later this week.
Todd
On 5/10/2021 8:24 AM, Marc Gauthier wrote:

Hi,

I'm upgrading a Magic 9 application that was using Microsoft Winsock Control 6.0 ActiveX.

The code in v9 is extremely simple

We connect to the IP and a specific port using winsock.Connect and in a loop we read winsock.data

Each time we receive the data ó we call a batch job...

It's for an processing box on a conveyor.

What is the best way to reproduce the active X in XPA 3 ?

Thank Very much

Marc Gauthier