Re: DataViewToHTML with direct SQL

Jackson, Adam

HI Steve,
Thanks, got it working though there seems to be some character limit on the data and column name arguments. When I restrict the columns so length of these are 257 chars it works. If I add one more column on to make length 273 it stops working ☹ Luckily, it also does not need the "Virtual." Bit at the beginning of the data variables or I would even get less columns in. I guess I'll have to use really short column names to get the file created, read it back in as a blob and replace short column names with the ones I actually want. As sometimes the case with Magic functionality - close but no cigar.

Thanks again for the help, regards,

Adam

Adam,

This may be one of those secret handshake things for which Magic's documentation is infamous, but I don't think you can use the DataViewTo••• functions in a Batch task, at least not in a Direct SQL Batch task, at least not that I've ever been able to make it work. For what it's worth, using the Pervasive SQL gateway and evaluating a DataViewTo••• function anywhere in a Direct SQL Batch task's Record level elicits the ODBC error, "Invalid cursor state" – there's a hint buried in there.

The only way I found to use DataViewTo••• functions with Direct SQL is in an Online task. This just means that you have to rig the Online task to work like a batch task, that is, in-an-out, one-and-done.

Steven G. Blank
SGBlank Consulting

Adam
Jackson
Manager, Business Systems
T  +447949892482
M  +447949892482
E  adam.jackson@...
McLaren Formula 1 Team
McLaren Technology Centre
Chertsey Road, Woking
Surrey, GU21 4YH, UK
mclaren.com
Facebook
Instagram
LinkedIn
Twitter
YouTube

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient you should not read, copy, retransmit or disclose its contents. If you have received this email in error please delete it from your system immediately and notify us either by email or telephone. The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views held by McLaren Racing Limited.
McLaren Racing Limited, McLaren Technology Centre, Chertsey Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 4YH, UK. Company Number: 01517478