Connection to SQL Server Drops

Jim Stephenson

I have a UP1.9 app that copies data to a remote MS SQL Server database at a scheduled time every day (6am).

It has been working great for over a year now. Recently though on Thursday nights something has been causing the connection to the Database to break. We think their Viper anti-virus program is running some weekly updates.

Regardless of what is causing it our update program will not run because the connection has broken.

Isn't there a function that we could run at the start of our update process to either test to see if the connection is up and restart it if it isn't, or just automatically reinitiate the connection every time?

Is there anything like that?

Thanks,
Jim