From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arch via groups.io
Sent: July-06-21 5:04 PM
To: Magic Group <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Subject: [magicu-l] Intelligent barcode scanner

We are using standard batch-mode scanners (Zebra LI-4278) to scan packages for shipment. After a batch is scanned as the truck is being loaded, data is uploaded to a Magic program for inventory and documents. Our problem is that the user doesn't know if there has been a bad read until uploading at which time the truck is already loaded.

Wondering if anyone has found/devised a barcode data collection system that has enough intelligence to do some real-time analysis of scanned barcodes to determine things such as length read, all numeric, etc. and beep on failure so the user can rescan on the spot.

Perhaps an application on a phone if the scanning capabilities are adequate.

Any ideas?

Arch Lineberger

203 N Main St

Belmont, NC 28012