Mailsend function using Unicode Field XPA 3.3g

Graham White

Hi,

I am a requirement to send Unicode fields using Mailsend, however, when I do they are not being sent correctly.  I have a test which has a Unicode field containing ō, ū, Ā, Ē, Ī, Ō  When I do the Mailsend I use this field in the Subject & Message parameters but when the email arrives it displays as o, u, A, E, I, O  I have tried sending these characters to and from my email client and they come through correctly.  I have tried adding MailCharset = UTF-8 and MailCharset = Unicode to my ini with no change.

In the help it says….

If you want Unicode data to display properly when it is sent as a message, you have to pass the Unicode data through the MailSend function even if the MailCharset setting is set to Unicode, UTF-8, or UTF-16

Does that mean the MailCharset is ignored if I am using Uncode fields?

Has anyone successfully achieved what I am trying to do?

Thanks in advance.

regards

Graham White
Software Developer
Graham.White@...
EC Credit Control |  eccreditcontrol.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential to EC Credit Control and subject to legal privilege (which is not waived or

lost by mistaken delivery). If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately and destroy the message and any attachments.

If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any use, distribution, amendment, copying or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance of

this message or attachments is prohibited. EC Credit Control collects personal information to provide and market our services (see our privacy policy at:

www.eccreditcontrol.co.nz – www.eccreditcontrol.com - www.eccreditcontrol.com.au for more information about use, disclosure and access).

EC Credit Control’s liability in connection with transmitting, unauthorised access to, or viruses in this message and its attachments is limited to resupply of

any affected message or attachments.