Re: OFF TOPIC - Thunderbird and Gmail with Oauth2 authentication

Sir

After that you go to next step of 2 way password . It ask for APP Password. Then you create APP password using

Mail and Windows System options.

Put that app password into thunderbird gmail account . It will work. Don’t enter your google password in thunderbird account

Regards

R.A.Murali

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] On Behalf Of Polgár Ferenc
Sent: 13 June 2022 16:59
To: Magic Group <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] OFF TOPIC - Thunderbird and Gmail with Oauth2 autentication

Hi r.a.murali,

I have just tried what you suggested. Created an app password but it is never asked for, just the email address, then the password (but it is the google's normal password), after that ask for the Two-step identification code (sent in SMS) then nothing happens.

Where could you give the app password fot Thunderbird?

regards

Ferenc

R A Murali <annamalaimurali@...> ezt írta (időpont: 2022. jún. 13., H, 12:20):

Create  app password and put that password in your thunderbird application then it will work.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?hl=en-GB

Regards

r.a.murali

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] On Behalf Of Polgár Ferenc
Sent: 13 June 2022 14:53
To: Magic Group <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] OFF TOPIC - Thunderbird and Gmail with Oauth2 autentication

I changed the autentication to OAuth2 both for SMTP and POP3, and the POP3 and IMAP access is allowed in Gmail settings. When I try to send or download a letter Tunderbird ask for the Google password, then "The Mozilla Thunderbird Email application requests access to your Google Account". When I press the authorisation/perission button nothing happens.

It's quite strange and I don't know if it's google or thunderbird causing it to malfunction. 

I'm using the latest version of the Thundebird.

Ferenc

Frederik Soete <frederik.soete@...> ezt írta (időpont: 2022. jún. 13., H, 8:55):

Hi there,

From what I recall, I think you need to look for accounts in the menu  then change authentication for gmail pop to OAuth instead of TLS or whatever... Your thunderbird must be of recent date for this to work.

Op ma 13 jun. 2022 08:33 schreef Polgár Ferenc <fpolgar@...>:

I wonder if anyone can use the Thunderbird and Gmail combination now?

After Google changed the authentication mode to Oauth2 I can't retrieve any mail from the previous POP3 or a newer IMAP account. I followed the instructions below: https://support.mozilla.org/hu/kb/automatic-conversion-google-mail-accounts-oauth20 but I get the message "Unsuccessful login to imap.gmail.com server...". I've entered the google account password numerous times, it's in the saved passwords, but oauth://accounts.google.com token doesn't appear there.

Win10 / TB 91.10.0 (64 bit) 

TIA

Ferenc

Join main@magicu-l.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.