Re: OFF TOPIC - Thunderbird and Gmail with Oauth2 authentication

Polgár Ferenc

Dear R.A.Murali,

Thanks for your effort to help me, but I cannot overcome the problem.
I changed the Thunderbird language to English, but the things causes the problem remaind in Hungarian. :-(
I send some images about the process.

On Oauth2-a.jpg can be seen the email I want to set the password for (fpolgar@...
The headser is:
One account for all Google services
Sign in with your Google Account

On Oauth2-b.jpg can be seen, that when I wanted to give the app password, it says that Try again with the Google Account's password.

On Oauth2-c.jpg I give the check code I got through SMS as the part of the 2 way authentication.

On Oauth2-d.jpg is the last step, I allow the access of my gmail account.

Then nothing happens. Tha generated 2 way password wasn't asked....
The Thunderbird doesn't show even the gmail passord nor the 2 was password in the Saved Logins list.

I'm sorry, prpobably I'm doing something in a wrong way, but where I don't know.

thanks
Ferenc

R A Murali <annamalaimurali@...> ezt írta (időpont: 2022. jún. 13., H, 16:12):

Sir

After that you go to next step of 2 way password . It ask for APP Password. Then you create APP password using

Mail and Windows System options.

Put that app password into thunderbird gmail account . It will work. Don’t enter your google password in thunderbird account

Regards

R.A.Murali