Date

Re: Printing Form With Table

Florian Groothuis

Do you have your FormOutput() set to “Top”?

Van: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] Namens steve.greenfield@...
Verzonden: vrijdag 20 januari 2017 17:45
Aan: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Onderwerp: [magicu-l] Printing Form With Table

I have a number of printed document outputs which are forms with a fixed size table - like an Invoice developed in uniPaaS 1.8d.

The main output form is set as a Detail area with things like address, dates, invoice number etc. at the top and then the table containing the lines.

Everything was fine, there is a Group defined and the output is in the suffix of the Group - this all worked until we needed to add some extra information to some of the lines.

The extra information is a 1-to-many relationship to the existing lines and stored in a separate table, it needs to be printed as extra form lines beneath the main line. Not every main line has these sub-records.

What I have done is define a sub-task to scan the 1-to-many records and output them in the sub-task using the form and I/O from the parent task (most fields in the form table are virtuals but not all).

The result is my former single page output now comes out as multiple pages (everything correct headers etc.) - printing the extra information line is causing a "new page" after each extra line.

Is this new behavior what people would expect or is there something I have missed?

Best Regards

Steve Greenfield

DataFormation Limited UK

Analist/programmeur
+31 (0)6 21927914

meilink.eu

7271 AZ  Borculo • Nederland • +31 (0)545 253525

Re: Android play sound - Solution

Todd Baremore

So it turns out that "R" or "r" are reserved variables. Changing "r" to "rngtone" solved the problem. I suppose p, q or s would have worked as well.
Using "target=android-23" in \PublishedApplications\[My App]\Android\source\settings.properties , this is the Sound.java that works for me:
package com.magicsoftware.magicdev;

import android.net.Uri;
import android.media.Ringtone;
import android.media.RingtoneManager;
import com.magicsoftware.core.CoreApplication;

public class Sound {
public static void playSound() {
try {

Uri notification = RingtoneManager.getDefaultUri(RingtoneManager.TYPE_NOTIFICATION);
Ringtone rngtone = RingtoneManager.getRingtone(CoreApplication.getInstance().getApplicationContext(),notification);
rngtone.play();
} catch (Exception e) {}
}
}

On 1/19/2017 11:11 PM, Todd Baremore wrote:
XPA 3.2
Andoid 6

I'm trying make use of program NC04 Sound (Android) in the Rich Internet Samples for playing a sound.

I copied
SampleProjects\Rich Internet Samples\Android\Sound-src\Sound.java
[My App]\Android\source\app\src\main\java\com\magicsoftware\magicdev\Sound.java

Compiled a new apk successfully and installed it. In the Main program I created a PlaySound() function which evaluates the expression ClientNativeCodeExecute('Sound.playSound','0')

On my phone I'm able to play the default tone from my app, but I also get an error window which states:
"No Activity found to handle intent {act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=[illegal attribute: }

Sound.java contains the following. Can anyone spot the problem?
package com.magicsoftware.magicdev;

import android.net.Uri;
import android.media.Ringtone;
import android.media.RingtoneManager;
import com.magicsoftware.core.CoreApplication;

public class Sound {
public static void playSound() {
try {
Uri notification = RingtoneManager.getDefaultUri(RingtoneManager.TYPE_NOTIFICATION);
Ringtone r = RingtoneManager.getRingtone(CoreApplication.getInstance().getApplicationContext(),notification);
r.play();
} catch (Exception e) {}
}
}

Todd

Re: Do we have PropertyGrid for .NET objects?

harry@...

Hi Gadi,

Very interesting. Great video! I didn't know you could do that. Saves a lot of time trying to set something in the toolkit and then check/see what it actually does in runtime. Thanks!

Best regards,

Harry Kleinsmit.

Re: Android play sound

Todd Baremore

Thanks Joseph.  I'm not able to get your code to compile.

The problems appears that be that "R" is not defined  in mp = MediaPlayer.create(CoreApplication.getInstance().currentActivity, R.raw.tethys);

Todd

On 1/22/2017 5:53 AM, Joseph Knickerbocker wrote:

Alright, no problem. Here is the code with 2 different sounds (that I supplied, they are just stock nexus sounds, but you can supply anything you want)

First, put your sound files in "RIAModules -> Android -> Source -> res -> raw"

The call to the code "ClientNativeCodeExecute('Sound.playSound','A40','tethys',100)"

tethys is the name of the sound file I want to use, and 100 is the length of the vibration in ms (I believe, its been a while since I built this).

package com.magicsoftware.magicdev;

import android.app.Activity;

import android.media.MediaPlayer;

import android.os.Bundle;

import android.media.MediaPlayer.OnCompletionListener;

import android.media.AudioManager;

import android.os.Vibrator;

import com.magicsoftware.core.CoreApplication;

public class Sound {

    public static void playSound(String soundName, int vibLength) {

        String sound = soundName;

        Vibrator v = (Vibrator) CoreApplication.getInstance().currentActivity.getSystemService(CoreApplication.getInstance().currentActivity.VIBRATOR_SERVICE);

        v.vibrate(vibLength);

        MediaPlayer mp = null;

        if (sound.equals("tethys")) {

            mp = MediaPlayer.create(CoreApplication.getInstance().currentActivity, R.raw.tethys);

        }

        if (sound.equals("titan")) {

            mp = MediaPlayer.create(CoreApplication.getInstance().currentActivity, R.raw.titan);

        }

        mp.setOnCompletionListener(new OnCompletionListener() {

            @Override

            public void onCompletion(MediaPlayer mp) {

                mp.release();

            }

        });

        mp.start();

    }

}

Re: Do we have PropertyGrid for .NET objects?

Gadi Birman

Edited

You may find relevant information in the new post on my blog that addresses that very question, along with a short video.

http://gadibirman.blogspot.co.il/2017/01/magnet-propertygrid.html

It shows how you can use a standard PropertGrid control to show and set properties of .Net controls and objects at runtime.

Hope this helps.

Gadi Birman

Re: Android play sound

Joseph Knickerbocker

[...]

Property sheets are only for controls you put on the form. For .NET you can see these at the normal properties in Magic and expand the 'Object properties' at the .NET section.

If you want to see the options while using DNSet then simply press a dot and you will see all available options. Just start typing after the dot and you'll see all available options with containing that string (=intellisense). Documentation of these options can usually be found on the internet (MS websites if they are standard .NET routines).

Best regards,

Harry Kleinsmit.

Re: uniPaaS 1.9d - All Control files suddenly left to 1 KB

Heidi Schuppenhauer

The edp file is a very simple and short xml file. You can actually use some other edp file in it's place ... it looks for the source in the "source" directory one level down. Now the ecf file is a little more complicated, and you can't really look at that one.

Heidi Schuppenhauer
425.397.8000

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 7:04 AM, Lado Wali <ladowali@...> wrote:
Once I found the edp file is showing 1 kb for all applications, I have handed over the situation to the tech guy.

On Jan 19, 2017 10:01 AM, "Florian Groothuis" <f.groothuis@...> wrote:

I forgotten “missing”:

So, you’re MISSING xml-files that represent your program repository. Backup?