Date

Re: Error 80040111

Steven Blank

Keith,

Do the described regedits provide innoculation equally when the path is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSE\uniPaaS 1.9\uniStudio.exe

??

At 02:49 PM 4/3/2017, you wrote:
Gadi,

Below are statements to add to a batch file that you can modify to match your paths in your registry. Once you run this you won’t have the administrator issue anymore. Make sure you adjust the path to match your installation.

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v C:\Apps\magic\unipaas.019\uniRTE.exe /d RUNASINVOKER
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v C:\Apps\magic\unipaas.019\uniStudio.exe /d RUNASINVOKER
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v C:\Apps\magic\xpa.025\MgxpaRuntime.exe /d RUNASINVOKER
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v C:\Apps\magic\xpa.025\MgxpaStudio.exe /d RUNASINVOKER
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v C:\Apps\magic\xpa.031\MgxpaRuntime.exe /d RUNASINVOKER
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v C:\Apps\magic\xpa.031\MgxpaStudio.exe /d RUNASINVOKER
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v C:\Apps\magic\xpa.032\MgxpaRuntime.exe /d RUNASINVOKER
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v C:\Apps\magic\xpa.032\MgxpaStudio.exe /d RUNASINVOKER

These cover several versions of XPA. You can change them to handle uniPaaS, 9.4, or other versions of XPA.

Keith Canniff
President and CTO
IntegrateOne LLC
www.integrateone.com
678-485-8665

From: Arch <Arch.Lineberger@...>
Date: 4/3/17 6:04 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io

Sorry guys. The batch file didn't help.

Best regards,

Arch

--
Gadi Birman

I know nothing (Manuel)

Don't underestimate the power of the Source (GB)

This connection is not authenticated, please wait 5 seconds or click here to continue

Re: Version 8

Andy Jerison

Arch,

I've put one up in the files area. After I posted it, I noticed that it was not actually the original distribution's INI file. I think you'll be able to work with it though.

Andy

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 6:11 PM, Arch <Arch.Lineberger@...> wrote:
I failed to save a Magic.ini for version 8.  Anyone have a copy they could share?

Best regards,

Arch

New file uploaded to main@magicu-l.groups.io

main@magicu-l.groups.io Notification <main+notification@...>

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the main@magicu-l.groups.io group.

File: Magic.ini

Uploaded By: Andy Jerison

Original magic.ini for Magic 8.30.

You can access this file at the URL:
https://magicu-l.groups.io/g/main/files/Magic.ini

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

Version 8

Arch <Arch.Lineberger@...>

[...]

I normally login with an Administrator account (my bad). I set the shortcut to "Run as Administrator" as well with no luck. My comdlg32.dll should have been fixed by SFC /scannow, shouldn't it? Any way, my comdlg32.dll is version 10.0.14.14393.479 dated 11/11/2016 4:07AM. (MS programmers work late!)

Best regards,

Arch

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Steven Blank <sgblank@...> wrote:
Beginning in Windows 7 (I think), being logged on as a user that possesses administrator rights is NOT the same as running the Studio "as administrator."

Someone else may be able to confirm or refute, but I'm pretty sure that, even if one is logged in as an administrator, applications nevertheless do not, by default, run with enhanced standing; it simply means that one is able to override certain warnings.

It's an easy test; just right click on the shortcut and select "Run as administrator."

Steve Blank

At 10:45 AM 4/3/2017, you wrote:

Hello Steve.

Interesting point.

I am indeed logged as administrator on the development machine, but the Icon that runs the studio isn't marked with "Run as Administrator".

I assumed the process does not run full privileged but I may very well be wrong.

Anyway, Arch, if you're already logged as Administrator and Steve is right, than trying to run the studio As Administrator may very well be tried first.

Obviously this is only suggested for isolating the problem, as FileOpendialog does not require such high permissions.

--

At 10:45 AM 4/3/2017, you wrote:

[...]

AFAIK, you must run a v2.x-v3.x xpa Studio "As Administrator" and I know of no way to avoid doing so.

Steve Blank

At 09:26 AM 4/3/2017, you wrote:

The CLSID you mention and the situation in which the error occurs point at the FileOpenDialog object available through the ComDlg32.DLL

I would try following the recommendations mentioned here: here

Anyway this seems like an OS related issue rather than .NET framework or Magic, so reinstalling 3.5 or Magic probably wouldn't help.

Since the option of a compromised system is possible, I suggest that running in elevated mode should be used as a last resort.

This a screenshot of the relevant elements in question:

[]

--

Gadi Birman

I know nothing (Manuel)

Don't underestimate the power of the Source (GB) Content-Id: <attach_0_14B1EFF32F1A8508_19928@groups.io>

Re: Error 80040111

Gadi Birman

The CLSID you mention and the situation in which the error occurs point at the FileOpenDialog object available through the ComDlg32.DLL

I would try following the recommendations mentioned here: here

Anyway this seems like an OS related issue rather than .NET framework or Magic, so reinstalling 3.5 or Magic probably wouldn't help.

Since the option of a compromised system is possible, I suggest that running in elevated mode should be used as a last resort.

This a screenshot of the relevant elements in question:

--

Gadi Birman

I know nothing (Manuel)

Don't underestimate the power of the Source (GB)

Error 80040111

Arch <Arch.Lineberger@...>

Windows 10, Magic 3.2a

When using "Default image file" to specify an image to place on a screen, MgxpaStudo shows the following error:

Inline image 1

- Uninstall and re-install of 3.5 doesn't help.

-Control Panel/Windows features
​ ​
Control Panel/Windows features shows .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 4.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)

-SFC finds no errors.

-Error occurs even under a new user.

-Error does not occur in MS Word or Paint .Net

-Bitdefender finds no virus.

- Windows Log shows no related errors

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Arch

Re: List of Magic Idiosyncrasies

Florian Groothuis

“Updating a variable with the result of an expression calls the expression and evaluates it fully as it would if "evaluate expression" was used”

What díd you expect when asking for the result of an expression?

Analist/programmeur
+31 (0)6 21927914

meilink.eu

7271 AZ  Borculo • Nederland • +31 (0)545 253525