Date

Re: Can we load magic memory table with sql script - unipaas 1.9

Tim Downie

Thts not going to work - Sql results needs to go into virtuals then init the link create with the virtuals or update var in record suffix
From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> on behalf of Lado Wali <ladowali@...>
Sent: Thursday, 18 May 2017 6:55:30 PM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] Can we load magic memory table with sql script - unipaas 1.9

Hi Steve,

Can you please see below and correct me if I am wrong. Its not adding record anyway in the memory table.
Thx
Lado

Inline image 1

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 12:54 PM, Steven Blank <sgblank@...> wrote:
Lado,

The result of a Direct SQL task will NOT be written to a physical table IF you select a memory-based database for the Result Database.

It would be nice if MSE gave us access to the memory table created to receive the result of a Direct SQL statement, or a way to extend the scope of it's existence a little beyond the immediate task, but until they do, you can use a Link Create operation in the batch task to copy the Direct SQL result into a memory table over which you DO have control.

Steve Blank

At 09:30 AM 5/18/2017, you wrote:
>Hi Group,
>
>Is there any way we can load magic memory table with direct sql data without writing it first to physical table and then write to memory table ?
>
>Thanks
>Lado

Re: Can we load magic memory table with sql script - unipaas 1.9

Steven Blank

Lado,

Unfortunately, you cannot reference the Link Create operation's Real columns in the SQL Command window's Output Arguments dialog. You can only reference Virtual variables therein, and then Init the Link Create operation's Real columns with expressions referencing these Virtual variables. Here's what I suggest:
  • Start with a new, empty batch task.
  • Paste your SQL statement into the Direct SQL dialog, selecting the proper source and Result databases. Click the APG button and generate an Export or Print type of task.
  • In the Data View pane, add a Link Create operation to the target memory table, and Init each column with the appropriate virtual variable.
Steve Blank

At 09:30 AM 5/18/2017, you wrote:
>Hi Group,
>
>Is there any way we can load magic memory table with direct sql data without writing it first to physical table and then write to memory table ?
>
>Thanks
>Lado

Re: Can we load magic memory table with sql script - unipaas 1.9

Lado Wali

At 09:30 AM 5/18/2017, you wrote:
>Hi Group,
>
>Is there any way we can load magic memory table with direct sql data without writing it first to physical table and then write to memory table ?
>
>Thanks
>Lado

Re: Automatic parameter skip tool

Ramon de Wit

Alan,

That still works, but is of course veryyyyy dangerous... Specially with a lot of different developers...!