Date

Re: Reporting tool??? Which one ???

Todd Baremore

Diego

For drill down, I built my own reports that will export csv/pdf/html and month-to-month or year-to-year comparisons.  Even does cross tab reports (which you can drill down from) and column summaries.  Magic has all the tools for gathering and summarizing data, you just need to invest the time to build what you need.  The challenge is to make it look as slick as Tableau, which I have yet to accomplish.  I'm hoping Livecharts is a help.

Todd

On 6/2/2017 3:24 PM, Diego Bale wrote:
Thanks for your answers.

Tableau is very neat... Never heard of Vectorwise

But livechart as i see it, it's only for creating graphics.

As a report tool i mean something with drill down capabilities, export to excel/pdf, subreports, etc...

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 12:09 pm, Todd Baremore wrote:
LiveCharts

Re: Reporting tool??? Which one ???

Diego Bale

Thanks for your answers.

Tableau is very neat... Never heard of Vectorwise

But livechart as i see it, it's only for creating graphics.

As a report tool i mean something with drill down capabilities, export to excel/pdf, subreports, etc...

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 12:09 pm, Todd Baremore wrote:
LiveCharts

Re: Reporting tool??? Which one ???

Todd Baremore

Diego,

Vectorwise used to be free if you had at least a 6 user Pervasive SQL 12 server license.
Take a look at this Vectorwise/Tableau demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qSDnwkxLqU

The other solution is write your own and use LiveCharts.

Todd

On 6/2/2017 2:26 PM, Diego Bale wrote:
Hello.
I keep asking this question in order to understand why is there so little info about the reporting tools magicians use.
A lot of apps needs reports.

What tool do you people use ?
With RIA ? With CS ?

Tableau ? Crystal ? Nothing ? so how ?

Thanks!

Re: Reporting tool??? Which one ???

Steven Blank

This may not qualify as an actual reply, but...

The first time I ever saw Magic was bundled with an early, pc-based accounting system called Macola. Magic PC bundled with Macola? Yup, as a "Reporting Tool."

;)

Steve Blank

At 11:26 AM 6/2/2017, you wrote:
Hello.
I keep asking this question in order to understand why is there so little info about the reporting tools magicians use.
A lot of apps needs reports.

What tool do you people use ?
With RIA ? With CS ?

Tableau ? Crystal ? Nothing ? so how ?

Thanks!

Re: Sending e-mails via Blat.dll

Wes Hein

You could insert a DELAY(1) in a While Block with Not FileExist('attachment') as the argument to make sure the file exists before sending the email, that way your system would only have to wait as long as necessary.

Wes

Reporting tool??? Which one ???

Diego Bale

Hello.
I keep asking this question in order to understand why is there so little info about the reporting tools magicians use.
A lot of apps needs reports.

What tool do you people use ?
With RIA ? With CS ?

Tableau ? Crystal ? Nothing ? so how ?

Thanks!

Re: Invoke OS Cmd to run a .bat file

Diego Bale

Robert. I guess you already tried that but if not...
In the properties of the bat file you can find in the compatibility tab a check to run the bat as an admin...

Also, check the UAC and the owner of the bat file

regards.

Re: SpecialBatchOptions #-1

Andy Jerison

What specific options do you need help with?

On Jun 2, 2017 10:22 AM, "Sofija" <sophie.cvt@...> wrote:
Hello everybody!
We need a help with User Options in Batch Tasks that are not supported in magic xpa 3,2a
Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks, Sofija

Re: Sending e-mails via Blat.dll

koot@...

Freddy,  I had something similar – it was due to the fact that my attachments were not properly created before I then tried to attach them in the send email program.  Try delaying that a little bit – insert line infront to DELAY(10).  Good luck.